Search the forum,

Discuss system drain two halves in inverted U in the DIY Plumbing Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

I have a CH system where the downstairs is divided in two connected by pipes upstairs.
One half has a drain valve downstairs that allows me to drain the upstairs and that half of the downstairs.
How to drain the other half of the downstairs that does not have a drain valve ?

I saw something here about an bleed valve drain kit but no explanation or link, does such a thing exist ?
Normally in my experience it is very difficult to catch anything from a bleed valve except into a rag.
Once it is down to the bleed valve level, what then ?
Or am I completely barking (up the wrong tree)!!

Reason for asking is I want to fit TRV's to some of these radiators.

TIA

You will have to drain each rad downstairs/ the ones you want to fit eg tray / tub and open the rad valve nut to slowly drain the rad

I always fit them on downstairs rads as it helps me or the next guy out

Reply to system drain two halves in inverted U in the DIY Plumbing Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hoping somebody can help, So, in a nutshell… Standard 90s Westbury home – condensing boiler, pump, wall thermostat, etc etc... Normal, common or garden, run-of-the-mill British housing estate CH setup. Downstairs radiator, 1 of 2 in our living room, went cold one evening mid-November last...
Replies
Views
When I turn on our CH there's a lot of noise from one specific part of the system - the pipes on the landing, and one radiator. It sounds like air, and the landing radiator needs bleeding regularly (about once a month), even though it isn't the highest point in the system. The two upright rads...
Replies
Views
Hello I want to replace the old single panel rad in the bedroom with a K2 double panel Stelrad one. I think I'm OK in general and relatively sensible (!) but I just want to check the steps involved to make sure I'm not missing anything before starting. System info- Steps (I think)- 1. Turn...
Replies
Views
Hi. A new house regulation for a 2 zone heating system because it's bigger that 150sqm. I'm I right in saying zone 1 should be all of the downstairs radiators and zone 2 all of the upstairs radiators ? I have thermostat room programmer down the stairs and another one upstairs. I think the two...
Replies
Views
Hi all, Got a nightmare situation with a central heating system I recently adopted. It's an open vent system with a combined F&E pipe, with a Worcester greenstar danesmoor 18/25 oil boiler. Covers 10 radiators mostly large double panels, some towel rails and smaller rads too, as well as an...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock