Search the forum,

Discuss System boiler in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

plumb_know

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
was wondering if it is possible for someone to explain the difference between a system boiler and conventional, i have looked on internet but the explanations of both are the same? i would like to know the key differences and why you might install one type over the other??
sorry if question is a bit simple but not long passed level 3 and don't really deal with boilers much.

cheers

can you not convert a conventional boiler to sealed though? is a system boiler where all the components for sealed heating are inside the boiler?

System boiler has pump and integral expansion vessel and prv

conventional requires external components

can you not convert a conventional boiler to sealed though? is a system boiler where all the components for sealed heating are inside the boiler?
yes and yes,
just fitted an ov (conventional) boiler to a sealed system, tho had to put a low water pressure switch in

yes and yes,
just fitted an ov (conventional) boiler to a sealed system, tho had to put a low water pressure switch in

Im sure you meant to type "an overheat thermostat " . This was done in the old days to allow boilers to be converted to a sealed system.

Kev.

That will be the be the boiler with only 4 working parts !

Until you need to make it a sealed system ! Ive just looked at their website, shame their website designer cant get all the writing to fit the page ! Nice pics tho lol.

As they say you learn something everyday, Ive never seen/ worked on their boilers any good ?

they do combi, system and ov. the ov has only 2, fan and gas valve. very good so far, tho doing myself out of future work by them only having few moving parts to replace lol

Im sure they have a few pcbs to help you out in years to come !

I've never seen an intergas and as far as i know neither has anyone i know but they do get a good write up. I think it is the back up thing that puts everyone off up this way.

There was someone on here last week or the week before about a ferolli conventional boiler that had been fitted on a sealed system and ferolli wouldn't honour the warranty but then again they are well known to try any get out they can.
Funny old world :smile:

I always thought any low water content boiler with an over heat thermostat fitted was suitable for a sealed system !

I cant see how Intergas are helping themselves become a bigger player of the market, by requiring an additional low water pressure sensor? I know it is the open vent version but for the extra £10 to them ???

Worcesters don't have a pressure sensor so much so they will dry fire!
Quality stuff tho :lol:

Worcesters don't have a pressure sensor so much so they will dry fire!
Quality stuff tho :lol:
I found their heat exchangers fairly robust against cavitation. And everything else usually results in a phone call after a plumber anyway. Already because of the scary noises.
And dry firing to my believe only gets done by apprentices. If you let them.
The only heat exchangers to be changed on a Worcester HE boiler by now were a couple of malmanufactured ones.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to System boiler in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock