Search the forum,

Discuss System boiler issue : rads very Hot middle of night . in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Boiler was serviced 2 months ago by Vaillant . Timer /control seems fine. Thermostat looks less than 3 years old .Timer turns off heating /water at 10pm due back on at 5 am . Friend woken up by warmth from rads .All rads too hot to touch almost .

where could the issue be ? cheers

Do you have a hot water cylinder?

Is the programmer set to reheat the hot water cylinder during the night?

Do you have a single '3-port / Y-plan' valve that controls where the flow from the boiler goes or two (or more) '2-port / S-plan' valves?

Which model boiler do you have?

The control could be faulty .org the microswitch inside the motorised valve can get stuck. The microswitch is what brings the boiler on when motorised valves are installed, as they have a permanent live and switch live (switched via the microswitch).

Top one was changed 3 months ago.

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2023-05-10 at 07.40.32.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2023-05-10 at 07.40.32.jpeg
    126.3 KB · Views: 16

Reply to System boiler issue : rads very Hot middle of night . in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi - I'm a reasonably experienced DIY plumber but just can't work out why the last new rad I've installed is cold - would really appreciate your help please. I've extended an existing 'run' of radiators - the last one on the run ( in downstairs kitchen) is cold. The first rad added is...
Replies
Views
Hi All Bit of an urgent one being that time of year and can't get a plumber out until after xmas even on an emergency callout I have just tried to turn on my CH for the first time this year as I have a number of guests coming for xmas dinner but even after an hour all the rads are stone...
Replies
Views
Hi all. I noticed this winter my living room rad only get hot in the top half. Radiator is 1600mm(DP SC) double panel single convector. System was flushed just last year. Both flow and return values are fully open and don't stick. Boiler is serviced each year. Baxi combi boiler about 8 ton9...
Replies
Views
Hi I am somewhat confused. My daughter has a combi boiler bought 2-3 years ago and has it timed to come on in morning for an hour and at night for a few hours using "auto"? mode I had been brought up to leave boilers on manual and set the thermostat low at night to prevent pipes from...
Replies
Views
B
Issue with boiler short cycling in system with hot water tank. We have an ideal heating logic heat2 h15 boiler which feeds a hot water tank upstairs in the house. We have an issue where if the boiler isn’t set to 80c then the boiler will short cycle, the hot water tank thermostat is set at...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock