Search the forum,

Discuss Switching to OpenTherm with Ideal Vogue Max 40 in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi

I have a normal on/off thermostat connected to my Ideal Vogue Max 40 and have been looking through the installation manual (here) to see how to connect an Opentherm stat.

The instructions say "The link wire on the 230V installer room stat/timer connection gives a demand in conjunction with the OpenTherm link wire (located on the right hand side of the control box)." (page 32).

The install guide for opentherm suggests that I just connect the two low voltage cables to my OT stat and, if it's a new install, leave the link wire for the 230v stat in place (page 33).

My question is, do I need to put the link wire back in when I remove my on/off stat, or are these terminals ignored when OT control is in place?

The reason I'm asking is because I'm wanting to fit a Honeywell R8810 receiver to it. I understand Evohome doesn't have a manual override but I don't want to lose this capability. I was thinking of installing a molex or similar connector to the R8810's wires (outside the boiler) and leaving my old 230v receiver connected into the boiler so I can simply unplug the R8810 and fire up the boiler with the old controls when I need to.

I guess that also begs the question, is the OT link wire needed if using the 230v stat?

Thanks.

Reply to Switching to OpenTherm with Ideal Vogue Max 40 in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock