Search the forum,

Discuss Switch off Alpha weather prod sensor. in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

I have a Alpha weather prod I wish to install. Can you put an on off switch in between the sensor pod and Alpha boiler. If yes what type of switch do I need. Thankyou

The weather compensation probe contains a negative temperature coefficient (NTC) resistor (or known as 'thermistor') from the symbol used in one of the schematics. It probanly measures a few thousand ohms at room temperature.
The installation instructions seem to suggest that just connecting it to the appropriate terminals (10 & 11) means weather compensation then works. If that is really true (needs checking) it implies that just putting a single pole switch in series with the sensor will "switch it off".
But I would have thought the boiler would need to be told to use weather comp. That's not mentioned in the installation instructions I was looking at: https://www.alpha-innovation.co.uk/...obe for Alpha InTec range of boilers 0113.pdf

Reply to Switch off Alpha weather prod sensor. in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi All I have a leak coming from within my Mira Elite QT shower. It seems to be flowing from behind the switching Control. Any ideas what could be causing this leak. Already Changed the Pump Elbow as one of the clips had popped which was causing a second small leak, Any idea? Is it time to buy...
Replies
Views
Our kitchen mixer tap has started dripping. Like so much of the plumbing in our almost new build bungalow, it is lacking! The plumber didn't install any isolating cocks in the H&C feed to the tap so how can I identify which of the valves is passing? Shut the whole H&C water system down?
Replies
Views
Hi. I need a new toilet supply line but don’t know the size type of the fitting at the shut off valve. It is not 3/8 compression. It is a plastic nut about the same size as the one going into the cistern but has a different thread. Attached is a photo. Can you advise. Thanks.
Replies
Views
Hi, I have an old steel water mains pipe (approx 45mm) that I need to connect to a new pehd water mains (25mm). I can't get at it to create a new thread so what's the best way of connecting the two? Cheers, Peter
Replies
Views
Hi all Noticed bad smell in my drain out side put my hand down and it unclogged it for now however I checked my sewer drain and after flushing my toilet a good few times nothing is going to the sewer so don't know is there a blockage or what way it works many thanks and advice would be grateful
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock