Search the forum,

Discuss Sweating cold water pipes in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

T

Thomas123

I have sweating cold water pipes, even though I have insulated them with foam it's still sweating. Any ideas what I can do next?

Toilet leaking / dripping tap ?

Most probably, either the pipes are being kept cold because cold water is continually running through them, see post #2, or the humidity of the room(s) they are running through is high. You need to measure the temperature of the pipes, the room and the humdity to establish the cause of the condensation.

A remote possibility is the that the pipes are suffering from the early stages of pin-hole corrosion. I've only ever seen this manifest in one or two patches, not uniformly along the whole pipe. I've not seen everything, of course...

Reply to Sweating cold water pipes in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

For reasons that I won't go into. Is it possible to control the water flow to a cold water header tank without having a ballcock in the header tank? ie to place some sort of control elsewhere in the feed pipe before the water gets to the header tank - turning off the mains water supply would...
Replies
Views
Morning. I have a leak. It’s coming from the connector pipe….the picture shows the pipe. It is a cold water pipe going in to the back of my dishwasher. I assume the washer may need a replacement. Anyway I cannot for the life of me turn the water off I.e at this cap. I understand I should turn...
Replies
Views
I live in an apartment block where generally hot water is supplied from the communal hot water cylinder and cold water to bathrooms is supplied from cold water tanks in the loft. It is a vented system. However, in a basement flat and a ground floor flat cold water supply to bathrooms is...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, Recently all the water tanks in the attic were disconnected to connect to the mains water supply (mine was already on mains but the other 5 flats in the building needed to be connected to mains water) and the company were also going to fit PRV's and isolation valves to the pipework...
Replies
Views
Water Heater Screaming Sound on Cold Water Line Spring Check Valve Have this water heater for around 1 year, and it started doing this some time ago. Any suggestions on how to fix this?
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock