• Welcome to PlumbersForums.net - The international free plumbing advice forum. Professional plumbers sharing advice with fellow plumbers and DIY alike. Register for free today! - Checkout the Plumbing Advice forum and then our Plumbing Videos area which still needs populating.

Discuss Sweating cold water pipes in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

T

Thomas123

I have sweating cold water pipes, even though I have insulated them with foam it's still sweating. Any ideas what I can do next?

Chuck

Esteemed
Most probably, either the pipes are being kept cold because cold water is continually running through them, see post #2, or the humidity of the room(s) they are running through is high. You need to measure the temperature of the pipes, the room and the humdity to establish the cause of the condensation.

A remote possibility is the that the pipes are suffering from the early stages of pin-hole corrosion. I've only ever seen this manifest in one or two patches, not uniformly along the whole pipe. I've not seen everything, of course...

Reply to Sweating cold water pipes in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net