Search the forum,

Discuss Surestop water switch. in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi all. Due to current location of the existing stop tap, I was thinking about installing a sure stop water switch as part of an upcoming kitchen refurb.
Anyhoo, have come across a post where several people have suggested ripping them out. Are they really that bad? A sure stop would definitely make life easier but not interested if it's going to be problematic.

TIA

I’ve fitted a few haven’t had problems

I won’t fit these anymore, been to properties and seen them leaking, also at least 5 not working (i didn’t install these)

I fitted one in line type and not long after the customer turned it off and it wouldn’t switch on again.
Rang Surestop about this and they were not interested

Reply to Surestop water switch. in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

C
Sure stop tap won’t turn water back on. Flicked switch to turn surestop ‘tap back on but water supply not coming back on. A trickle comes through and that’s it.
Replies
Views
Context for issue: Last winter the temperature switch on my boiler shorted somehow, the boiler was then running WAY too hot and ended up blowing/melting a hole in one of the pipes. I repaired this by putting in a new stretch of pipe in and just connecting it to the existing pipes with two...
Replies
Views
B
Context for issue: I'd like to start by saying I'd rather not read 100 "Hire a professional comments", I will do that when/if it comes to it, but I'd like to do it myself if possible. All images for system here: https://*********/a/ngPQkre Last winter the temperature switch on my boiler...
Replies
Views
Butchy10
B
I have read a few threads including one by Debbie Stano that were similar to my issue but that thread stopped a while back without any resolution I could see. I'm in Brisbane, Australia but I'm after general ideas from anyone here or in UK (I realise this is a UK based site). Point form...
Replies
Views
Two connected houses in our 70s condo development, everyone served by one water meter at the road. 833 has 40 lbs of pressure while attached house 835 has over 100 lbs. -- no problems in either house or immediately outside -- and no pressure relief valves or shutoffs. Plumber traced the...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock