Search the forum,

Discuss Surestop water switch. in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi all. Due to current location of the existing stop tap, I was thinking about installing a sure stop water switch as part of an upcoming kitchen refurb.
Anyhoo, have come across a post where several people have suggested ripping them out. Are they really that bad? A sure stop would definitely make life easier but not interested if it's going to be problematic.

TIA

I’ve fitted a few haven’t had problems

I won’t fit these anymore, been to properties and seen them leaking, also at least 5 not working (i didn’t install these)

I fitted one in line type and not long after the customer turned it off and it wouldn’t switch on again.
Rang Surestop about this and they were not interested

Reply to Surestop water switch. in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is a 23.8Kw appliance with all six burners and oven on max. This was installed some 10 years ago and has passed all subsequent Gas Safety inspections as...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock