Search the forum,

Discuss Supports for sectional cold water storage tanks in the Commercial and Industrial Plumbing Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

MOSSEP

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Ive been asked to replace some supports inside cold water storage tanks in a build building due to the existing ones being a Legionella risk. At the moment, hollow PVC-u pipe is used, does anyone know where to buy replacements or what is used for them? There is only 1 per tank and they are about 1m long by the looks of it.

Cheers

just use some solid pvc rod, im guessing theyve been flaged up becuase water could sit in them and warm up and start the risk

just use some solid pvc rod, im guessing theyve been flaged up becuase water could sit in them and warm up and start the risk

Ill see what I can find. I thin the worry about uncapped supports is that the water might not get refreshed in them like it would in the rest of the tank

Reply to Supports for sectional cold water storage tanks in the Commercial and Industrial Plumbing Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Is it worth replacing a Potterton gold 9kw electric boiler with a hot water storage tank for a new Electric Combi Boiler ? Would there a reduction is electric consumption and therefore a saving ? Please advise
Replies
Views
I had my indirect hot water cylinder removed a few days ago and the central heating boiler and pump is turned off at the fuse spur right next to the boiler. I have been without hot water for a few days which is fine - The plumber left the flow / return to the cylinder uncapped as well as the...
Replies
Views
I refer to modern purpose-built flats - built within the last 35 years, say. How common is it, in this type of accommodation, for the cold water supply to a bathroom washbasin to come indirectly through a cold water storage tank? Or is it far more common for the cold water supply to come...
Replies
Views
For residential housing, what are the current regulations and/or recommended/standard practices regarding the supply of cold water to the taps on kitchen sinks and bathroom washbasins? Must the supply come directly from the mains or can it come from the cold water storage tank? Or is the...
Replies
Views
Hi, I wonder if you could help me. The overflow pipe drips intermittently from the large cold water storage tank in the loft. Not the small F and E tank. The ball valve has been checked and is working ok. The vent pipe from the hot water cylinder is not venting any water into the tank, and the...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock