Search the forum,

Discuss Suitable Pump for Pressure Tank in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Digiwolf

Hi –

We are looking a number of options to resolve our water pressure issues in our house. We've seen the following pump Stuart Turner Monsoon Extra Universal 5.0 bar Single, which appears to have amazing pressure capabilities, up to 5 Bars. We have 3 bathrooms with large shower heads and a garden with an irrigation system.

Our concern is whether this pump is suitable to be connected to the main inlet and feed the pressure tank with water with 5 Bars of pressure. The pressure tank can accommodate working pressure up to 10 bars.

Any thoughts will be appreciated!

You can't. It's not permitted under the water regs.

Get in a plumber who is g3 qualified to advise you properly.

Stuart Turner and others do specifically designed pump units for issues like yours. Sounds like your attempting to use a Whole House pump which cannot be connected to the main as stated. Find a G3 plumber to have a look at the issues you have, it may be just a case of lack of flow rate, being confused with lack of pressure.

Ask in the "Find a plumber" section, or if you reasonably local to the Exeter area I will do my best to assist you.

You probably need an accumulator of some description but as advised get a G3 qualified engineer to size and install one for you

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Suitable Pump for Pressure Tank in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Low hot water pressure Hi everyone, I'm hoping someone is able to shed some light on my situation before I have to call out the professionals. We've been in our house for over 3 years now, when we moved in the hot water pressure was pretty good (confirmed by a retired plumber family friend)...
Replies
Views
Hi, We have a large Heatrea Sadia unvented hot water tank, not sure of the size in liters but its about 1600mm tall. The tank is around 3 years old now and was amazing when it was first installed. Around a year ago we had a problem with water dripping from the overflow pipe outside and we ended...
Replies
Views
Hi all, we have a water circulation pump to bring hot water from our woodburning stove and send it to a thermal accumulator tank. We've just started our second season and it's broken. I thought these were meant to last 10 - 15 years? We don't have a domestic water supply - we use water from our...
Replies
Views
A
Hey, here goes and I hope it works.. never used one of these before! I have a Sagittarius Ergo mixer shower min bar of pressure required 1 bar. Connect to this is a 1.5 bar Ora Salamander pump for a positive head, this was connected by a plumber of course and we’ve had it all rigged up...
Replies
Views
Hello, I am renovating a small bathroom in an apartment on the 5th floor. Heating is electric, no gas or oil. I have four (related) questions about this below. I had intended to reuse the cold water tank and the cylinder sitting underneath it but my plumber suggested I replace the cylinder as...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock