Search the forum,

Discuss Suggestion with regards to Urgent Plumbing Advice in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

centralheatking

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Hey Dan PF is your show and as you know I love it...what about a priority section
for who ever to post on and get immediate replies my idea would be it sits at the top
this way no urgent ones get missed ..because thats whats important to first time post
people .sometimes then we can help ..over to you mate....centralheatking

Noted. :)

Edit: I've found some time to reply properly for you.

The forum as a whole can be used as an 'urgent' source of information in some sense. When people have an urgent question they just tend to mark their thread titles with "URGENT" in them, or use uppercase letters for the whole thread title or something like that. So I don't think a whole section would work right now. We aren't exactly inundated with new threads right now so anything marked urgent wouldn't get lost amongst the rest.

So at least until we are a lot busier (and I believe we'll get there quite quickly, maybe Jan or Feb) I can't see a whole new area working too well. It wouldn't look busy, and that would put off regulars checking there, so they'd not get replied to if marked as urgent any more than a normal thread anyway at the moment.

What I can do is setup a notice for new members and ask them that if they need urgent advice, to mark the thread as urgent. :)

Thanks for the suggestion though and if you think of anything else let us know.

Last edited:
I've added a new URGENT prefix.

1571508814080.png

So if anybody starts a thread and needs urgent advice, they'll soon spot that prefix and use it, and we will be able to see the thread because it'll stand out in the Whats New area of the forum.

Reply to Suggestion with regards to Urgent Plumbing Advice in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock