Search the forum,

Discuss Success stories in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

Jamie Banks

Seems to be plenty of trainee plumbers looking for experience and work all over the country but is there any success stories out there of people set up on their own or getting regular work and making a go of it?

I think youll find that those people answering the threads are living proof that you can train and gain a living from plumbing!!!!!!!

i retrained last year after 22 years in the army and went out on my own, didnt want to work for myself at first i must admit, but had to to earn a living. ive recently done acs and now on gsr its been hard work and i enjoy it and i can see a little pin hole of light at the end of the tunnel.

i still need to come on here and ask odd questions though:D its still a large learning curve.

i retrained last year after 22 years in the army and went out on my own, didnt want to work for myself at first i must admit, but had to to earn a living. ive recently done acs and now on gsr its been hard work and i enjoy it and i can see a little pin hole of light at the end of the tunnel.

i still need to come on here and ask odd questions though:D its still a large learning curve.

i think there are alot of people made good plumbers. problem is it takes alot and some dont have the will to see it through, its even harder now as weve trained too many over the past 7 years. simple supply and demand

what i was trying to say in the other thread fuzzy was there has been a lot of plumbers trained over the last few years, how many of them thought it was an easy quick buck, and in current climate thought they could go it alone but didnt have the will power to stick at it because it was a bit harder than they thought. i would be interested in the numbers who do the courses give it a go and find its not as easy as first thought and moved on to something else.

what i was trying to say in the other thread fuzzy was there has been a lot of plumbers trained over the last few years, how many of them thought it was an easy quick buck, and in current climate thought they could go it alone but didnt have the will power to stick at it because it was a bit harder than they thought. i would be interested in the numbers who do the courses give it a go and find its not as easy as first thought and moved on to something else.

dont know the stats but i suspect there to be aroun 80/90% dont make it, i started a thread 'where are they now' on the courses feedback section. similar thread to yours

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Success stories in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock