Search the forum,

Discuss Subscribing to remove ads. in the Make a suggestion about the forum in general area at PlumbersForums.net

gmartine

Esteemed
Gas Engineer
Why are you effectively penalising those who want to contribute most, it's a poor strategy and we've already lost lots of qualified contributors that were irritated because of the incessant advertisng and pop ups. Give anybody whose Gas Safe or a qualifed plumber an ad pass, it makes no absolutely no sense to put them off coming here and contributing.

That would be new users then. They need to earn their badges on here don't they. 100 posts for Arms access. Send us details to get GSR. We have processes and systems in place already.

If you get esteemed badge, you see a lot lot less advertising.

You can ad block, and click a notice every 24 hours. You can browse with ads and know each time you see one you're helping the forum out. You can subscribe and help the forum out financially. Or you can ad-block while you try and gain esteemed badge, then remove the adblock and browse with a lovely ad-reduced layout.

This is a business that has been hit during the pandemic. Each time we lock down the bidding starts back to 0.00p for ad placements. We'd got it up to ÂŁ1,80 over the 16 years we have had it. Never has all advertising online stopped all in one day in one country.

So we have asked esteemed members and moderators what they think, and they came up with this. It's a community forum that runs not-for-profit. So when the bills start coming out of the pot for add-on and spam prevention then we have to react to that and do something. We did something.

I'll close this thread now as I don't want to waste time repeating myself.

Reply to Subscribing to remove ads. in the Make a suggestion about the forum in general area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock