Search the forum,

Discuss Submerged Oil boiler - worth repairing? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
As per title, went to customers house had Grant combi in basement and was completely underwater for a day. Boiler only 3 years old. Is it worth attempting repair or should just replace? I imagine it would need burner assembly and both pumps as a minimum. Any thoughts greatly appreciated. Many thanks.

Replace it.

I had a similar scenario in Belfast a couple of years ago when 3 900kw boilers were drowned in a basement. There was no trust in them.

They were replaced.

You would need to replace all the burner gaskets, combustion door seals and the boiler lagging as well as any cera refractories.

Replace it. Treat the flue with suspicion too.

A claim on house insurance would be way to go. I wouldntbother trying to repair as you will get problems in the future with corrosion. By the time you renew burner pumps pcbs etc and labour you would not be able to guarantee there wont be problems in the future. Best complete replace if it was me.

As above ^^^
House insurance will assess it & say it needs replaced anyhow.

Replace it. Too many things to be replaced and time sorting it out. Plus by the time the house insurance is sorted it will be a rusted lump. Plus you dont knowcwhat was in the floodwater.

Many thanks guy's, sound advice as usual! I will suggest that a new external type would be the way forward! get I above water level. Many thanks for your quick replies Cheers.

If you intend replacing like for like - strip out all the good bits and keep them against another day
or offer them on here CHK

Insurance company would likely go with you fitting an external instead if you wanted to suggest that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Submerged Oil boiler - worth repairing? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi guys. I'm trying to identify a toilet model before ordering a seat for a customer. I went to what used to be a Roca stockist (they no longer are) and one of the guys there reckoned it might be "The Gap". I went to the new stockist and the guy there disagreed it was "The Gap" and that he'd...
Replies
Views
Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Morning to any Australians lurking around! Register its free, then message me, I'll sort your account out for you. We will need a moderator from each main country too. I'll post this in the Australian forum now.
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock