Search the forum,

Discuss subjective in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
F

firefly

This problem is driving me round the bend.
I live mid terrace in a row of 5 cottages on a shared water supply the cottage on one side has recently had a bathroom refit and now when the new tenants have a shower there is a whooshing/humming coming through our party wall.
I have had x 2 plumbers look at their system the first one fitted a full bore valve to a pedestal basin with no effect and the second one advised some soundproofing in the cupboard where the boiler is mounted on a solid party wall, the boiler is a Glow-Worm Flexicom CX as he thought the noise could be partly down to noisy fan on boiler.
I contacted Glow_Worm and they think that it could be a mixture issue that could be controlled by the gas valve and that the readings have to be checked with C02 percentage on high and low rate.Does anyone out there have any other ideas as to what could be causing the noise either water or boiler,before I ask a 3rd plumber to look at this.

Please register with us to receive additional answers to your problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to subjective in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi they used to say as a last resort you could discharge the D2 pipework at high level and turn it back to the wall. Similar to a combi boiler. I have just looked back through the regs this seems to have changed and it isn't mentioned now. It now mentions if at high level it should be discharged...
Replies
Views
I have had a look at previous posts and think I know the answer to this but just before I make it worse could I just check what you think about this one. Granddaughter just moved house and this valve decided to leak when it was closed. When open its fine. Normally I have repacked the gland on...
Replies
Views
Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two hole mixer but the cold water pressure is high mains fed and the hot is low pressure immersion tank fed. I've been trying to find info on what I...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock