Search the forum,

Discuss Stupid mistake- waterfall from ceiling! in the The Welcome Wagon :) area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi all! I made a stupid mistake and it caused water leaks all the way down from my bathroom to the kitchen ceiling and water leaked like waterfall!!
Basically, I didn’t know there were small holes next to pipes which are behind both sink and toilet. I pour water to on the bathroom floor so I can clean the floor using a mop (it was what I was planning to do). After a while, I realised the water I poured didn’t flood the bathroom floor, instead, it disappeared. I figured out later that all water leaks from the kitchen ceiling! I wiped and cleaned the kitchen already and there is no more leakage. But what should I do now?
Can plumber or engineer figure out where does the water leak from? And what should i do with the ceiling? Sorry for my stupidity and please ask both of my questions.

If the ceiling is ok, as in not bowed, I would just let it dry out. Yes a plumber should be able to work out where the leak is coming from.

Next time you want to clean the floor use a DAMP mop like everybody else do not flood the floor with water. Where pipes go through any surface there will be gaps around the pipes!
As said, let it dry out completly and you may need to use a stainblocker before repainting the ceiling. On that subject I recommend that you find videos about painting before you start. ;)

Reply to Stupid mistake- waterfall from ceiling! in the The Welcome Wagon :) area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock