Search the forum,

Discuss Stuck installing new kitchen tap in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Hello,

trying to install a new kitchen tap. Do I need a new piece of copper piping? The pic shows the old piping for previous tap...

thanks

image.jpg

a wrench. Should I use something else?

are you holding against yourself with another wrench on the nut or the brass part

will take some force to undo

Your new braided hoses will fit on a service valve you now have a female thread as oppose to the male you had originally. If you have service valves already you will need to fit a compression adapter coupler. If not you can fix two one on each supplies and connect to them with the hoses.
1586714786972.png

Compression adapter
You can then fix your new hoses to them, push a short length of copper into the white fitting.

Your new braided hoses will fit on a service valve you now have a female thread as oppose to the male you had originally. If you have service valves already you will need to fit a compression adapter coupler. If not you can fix two one on each supplies and connect to them with the hoses.
View attachment 43319
Compression adapter
You can then fix your new hoses to them, push a short length of copper into the white fitting.
Thanks for the detailed reply. Sorry I am a complete newbie to this - are you able to specify exactly all the things I will require (ie links to Screwfix etc) so that I can make it work? Thanks for your help

Here is a list then from screwfix.

Isolating valve pkt 2 no (65251) 15mm ÂŁ1.99

You will need a short length of copper to fit in the white plastic speedfit fitting you have there, so you can fix the valve. They have arrows on the side pointing the direction of water. Leave one of the nuts and olives off so you can fit your tap tails to it.
[automerge]1586725673[/automerge]
Is the picture you showed first just the hot tap?

Here is a list then from screwfix.

Isolating valve pkt 2 no (65251) 15mm ÂŁ1.99

You will need a short length of copper to fit in the white plastic speedfit fitting you have there, so you can fix the valve. They have arrows on the side pointing the direction of water. Leave one of the nuts and olives off so you can fit your tap tails to it.
[automerge]1586725673[/automerge]
Is the picture you showed first just the hot tap?

thanks for that. The picture at the top of the thread shows the hot tap and the colddirectly underneath (exactly the same kind of setup with the white plastic into copper pipe).

All you will need is to leave a piece of copper in the white elbow. So you can fit the isolation valve to it. The copper piece you have attached to the tails of your old tap will be enough. If you can cut the pipe nice and square below the nut. Make sure you push it in as far as you can.
[automerge]1586726480[/automerge]
To isolate the supply the all you will need to do is turn the valves to the 1/4 to position.

Reply to Stuck installing new kitchen tap in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Our kitchen mixer tap has started dripping. Like so much of the plumbing in our almost new build bungalow, it is lacking! The plumber didn't install any isolating cocks in the H&C feed to the tap so how can I identify which of the valves is passing? Shut the whole H&C water system down?
Replies
Views
Recently had a Viessmann Vitodens combi boiler installed, quite often when the adjacent cold mixer tap is opened the boiler starts for a few seconds! Can anyone tell me what is causing this? And how to cure?
Replies
Views
Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
I have a plumber coming tomorrow to change a cartridge on a badly dripping tap on my bathroom mixer unit. There is no separate isolating valve for this tap so I'll have to close the stopcock. I tried closing it today but it won't go absolutely 100% closed and there is still a very slight flow...
Replies
Views
I have attached an image of the brass body within a tap. Having replaced a cartridge which has cured a leaking tap, I can see that there is a small leak from the brass body which can be unscrewed. Is there a seal behind the body? Thanks.
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock