Search the forum,

Discuss Struggling to remove the tops of these bath taps. in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

I'm struggling to remove or even find where to remove the cap off these taps.
I've tried prising it off twisting and multiple things to remove the cap to get inside. I'm out of ideas....

Attachments

• IMG_20210925_141111.jpg
    IMG_20210925_141111.jpg
    736.3 KB · Views: 12
They unscrew.

I can’t remember if the top dome comes away, leaving the gold behind.
Or if the gold comes with the dome, leaving the lower chrome behind.

I believe it’s the first option.

Yep it’s the first option then there’s a screw under to remove the head

Reply to Struggling to remove the tops of these bath taps. in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

R
Hi, I've just purchased a portable washing machine and want to connect it to my kitchen tap. I know I'm going to need an adapter to connect it, but am struggling to work out if the aerator in the tap is removable. I can see 'Airforce' written on the side of the aerator and the aerator has...
Replies
Views
I need to replace the washer of my kitchen mixer tap as it is leaking. I was able to remove the spout once by unscrewing the screw on the back of the tap. However now I can't remove it again as it seems I must have used the wrong screw head and have rounded off the head. Please see attached...
Replies
Views
The unit underneath has no access to the tap and from measuring, the unit does not even go as back as where the tap is. The pipework is a mess. I think the only solution is to remove the sink as I don't think my tapex kit will get to the tap bolts from cutting from the bottom with my multitool...
Replies
Views
Hi, Could anyone offer me any advice as to how to remove the top from this tap? I’ve tried twisting, pulling etc. but all to no avail. Short of smashing the hell out of it, I’m stuck with it, the dripping and my wife’s moaning. Any help gratefully received. Cheers Nick
Replies
Views
Hi. Can anyone help me get into this tap? I have them on the bathroom sink and bath and 2 out of 4 are dripping. I've have had two plumbers in to replace the washers and neither could get them open. The gold coloured ring under the top unscrews on two of them but won't budge on the ones that...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock