Search the forum,

Discuss Struggling to dismantle top fixing toilet seat in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

I’m trying to replace a top fixing toilet seat but can’t figure how to dismantle the existing one. There’s no brand name found anywhere including for the main toilet. Photo attached. It’s not the easy push in/pull out type and not soft closing. The tiny screws (circled) won’t turn - knackered. I can’t lift the cover plates either as they sit under the main ‘stems’. Any ideas/help appreciated.
D7E22EA1-E1A5-4E3E-9EEC-6444D0B13DD9.jpeg

Those flat things fixed to the bottom of all of that, will be screwed on from under the back of the loo. You need to get your head under the back of the loo and you should see a wingnut on each of those. You unscrew them (usually filthy so give them a wipe first) and that whole thing lifts off.

Your new loo seat should have the whole fixings with it. You don't want to just replace the top part. That'll be the first bit to go for sure.

The fixing looks like this when it's apart

Those flat things fixed to the bottom of all of that, will be screwed on from under the back of the loo. You need to get your head under the back of the loo and you should see a wingnut on each of those. You unscrew them (usually filthy so give them a wipe first) and that whole thing lifts off.

Your new loo seat should have the whole fixings with it. You don't want to just replace the top part. That'll be the first bit to go for sure.

The fixing looks like this when it's apart

Thanks Dan. Forgot to mention that it’s a back to wall sealed pan so, can’t get access from back/underneath. Could it be (hope not!) a bottom fixing seat has been put to a top fixing pan?

Hacksaw time I’m afraid either the pins or the actual fixings to the pan

Hacksaw horizontally just above the plates and below the screws. And yes it could be the bottom fixing type as a BTW pan doesn`t mean it has to be top fixing seat.

Reply to Struggling to dismantle top fixing toilet seat in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi! Hoping for a bit of help! Thought I had an easy job of changing my toilet seat however it seems to be more challenging than I thought. It seems there’s no screw under the chrome. Just one long screw with a wing nut underneath. Please correct me if I’m wrong. The toilet seat also doesn’t...
Replies
Views
Hi folks, sorry to have to post this but we got a new bathroom a few months ago and the toilet seat was loose at one side. The cistern is integrated and the seat is top-fixing. I assumed it was quick release but couldn't find a button to push, there are no little grommit hidden screws or...
Replies
Views
Can anyone tell me how to remove this top fix toilet seat? I've tried squeezing both fixings from the inside but there's no movement.
Replies
Views
Hi, My toilet seat is sliding side to side and I cannot figure out how to tighten it, there is no release button or visible fixture. I think it is an ideal standard Ravenna toilet seat hinge fixed on a Jacuzzi brand toilet. I have attached a photo of below of how the toilet seat is fixed to...
Replies
Views
Hi all, Looking for a bit of help.. moved into a new home and the toilet seat only has one fixing. I tried a standard rubber fixing in the other side twice now but it didnt last very long either time. I have tried Grahams and BnQ but can’t seem to find the wee bracket to go over the screw...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock