Search the forum,

Discuss Strong sealant for shower waste in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Can anyone recommend a good strong sealant that will also glue a shower waste to underneath the shower tray. I need to temporarily fix the waste that has dropped. All screw fixings are broken and I cannot get access underneath. Will have the shower ripped out early next year.

Attachments

• 8609FBA2-2672-4C20-AB53-4A5E84A48D46.jpeg
    8609FBA2-2672-4C20-AB53-4A5E84A48D46.jpeg
    83.2 KB · Views: 11
Stixall.

If it were me I’d put a new one, not expensive. You say no access, but it must be possible.

At least need to get some support under trap.

Upstairs/downstairs?

concrete or suspended floor?

Sticks like **** but as above

I'm gobsmacked!!!!

Someone else gets these sorts of problems.
I thought it was only me....

Real temporary fix.
Drill holes in the shower base rim and screw through into the flange with plenty of silicone.
Don't over tighten the screws or they will strip in the plastic.

Yeah there’s loads of them now, CT1 is what the employed boys use - us self employed know it’s too expensive for what it is!

plumbers gold. put a basin in plumber gold on back bolted to wall, 2 week later customer whated bigger on . took bolt screw caps off took bolts out and two of us sat on it to try to get it off tiles. oooops needed retiling. IT STICKS.

Why did you do that?

I hate it when you get to a basin with tons of gunk, it’s not necessary - especially one with bolts.

Just a couple of small blobs of silicone behind it if you must and then a nice bead to the wall is more than adequate.

Why did you do that?

I hate it when you get to a basin with tons of gunk, it’s not necessary - especially one with bolts.

Just a couple of small blobs of silicone behind it if you must and then a nice bead to the wall is more than adequate.
Not tons of gung, just two lines of plumbers.

Reply to Strong sealant for shower waste in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock