Search the forum,

Discuss Strange phenomenon..... bees in the toilet pan! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Cluck

My upstairs toilet is a bit of a puzzler.... if it is not flushed for a while (more than 24hours), I find a dead bee in the water in the toilet pan.
I came back from a night away yesterday and there were 2 in there.
They look like honey bees to me but I'm no expert.

The toilet lid is kept shut and I have checked the cistern which is all clear, so they seem to be coming up the pipe.... anyone come across this before? It has been happening for about a year now. IMAG0370.jpg

I very very much doubt that they are coming up through the water. Stick some cycling film over the toilet to see if it happens again. Then you know if they are coming up or going down.

Stick some cycling film over the toilet to see if it happens again.

If you do this, remember that you put it on the toilet.

Many, many moons ago - we used to do this as a party trick at peoples houses.
Clear film over the toilet bowl......amongst other things

Thanks all, will try the clingfilm test - I've convinced myself that they are coming up through the water just because the lid is always down, and I have never seen them elsewhere in the room.

And yes, I remember that party trick too.... maybe it's time for a revival!

You didn't say what sort of toilet you have.
Is it a modern push button toilet, - or does it have some sort of overflow pipe coming out of the cistern to outside? Bees can go inside pipes.

It's a reasonably modern push button toilet - no overflow pipe from the cistern to outside as far as I can see.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Strange phenomenon..... bees in the toilet pan! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock