Search the forum,

Discuss Strange noise coming from lever tap in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Downstairs wc wash hand basin has started making a high pitched whining noise. Also water running through when it is closed. Noise doesn’t go off when tap opened on either hot or cold.
Have turned off the water just now, which has stopped the noise, but obviously now no water

Do I need a new tap?

Is it a mixer tap? Do you know the manufacturer? If yes and then no might be best for new tap.
But if you go down new tap route buy a decent brand so you will be able to get spares for it in the future.

No idea the make of the tap, I’m afraid, and changing the tap will be an awkward job.
Copper pipes, soldered and too close to the wall to get a cutter in.
I removed the cartridge and found the plastic that holds the o rings in place was perished and cracked.
I’ve bought a new one on eBay because my local merchants didn’t stock them and all wanted to sell me a new tap.
I’ve temporarily repaired the old one by replacing the o rings with thicker flat rubber washers and it’s working now.

Reply to Strange noise coming from lever tap in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock