Search the forum,

Discuss Straightening speedfit pipe in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm just attempting my first bit of plumbing with JG speedfit pipe and fittings. I bought a coil of 15mm barrier pipe. I'm finding it dificult to work with because of the curve. Is there a way to straighten it? or do most people use straight lengths?

rub it quickly to create heat and it will manipulate as desired (sort of)

I'm just attempting my first bit of plumbing with JG speedfit pipe and fittings. I bought a coil of 15mm barrier pipe. I'm finding it dificult to work with because of the curve. Is there a way to straighten it? or do most people use straight lengths?

not used much speedyfit but with hep and poly its the way you unroll it if you pull it of the roll in coils it stay slightly coiled you need to turn the roll as if it was on an axle
when laying underfloor you have to put it on your shoulder and walk with it and you have to turn the roll over when you change direction easyer to do than explain unfortunatley its a definate knackonce you get it its easy

Yes, I had the same problem, and after putting up with it for a while I now do not use PEX pipe (Speedfit) any more. Instead I've turned to PB (polybutylene) barrier pipe which unrolls nicely to give you a reasonably straight and 'handle-able' pipe (far less stiff). Does the same job - I get it from Toolstation; it's called QPL 'straight coil'.

I still use the odd length of straight PEX though.

I agree with Alanka. PolyButylene seems to be more flexible and therefore easier to straighten. The Hep2o I use certainly seems to be more compliant and does straighten easier. I find that you have to use a lot of clips with Speedfit coiled PEX to hold it anywhere near straight.

I think speedfit are doing a PolyButylene version now.

Mark

wish I knew this last week just done a full bathroom in pex , I'll have to give pb a try next time. ;) cheers

Plumbfix do JG polybutylene at a good price around £31.38+ for 50 Mtr. I have used this for a while now and it is much easier than PEX to install. I have also used the Toostation PB in 22mm with no problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Straightening speedfit pipe in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock