Search the forum,

Discuss Stormwater issue and blockage in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

I have a serious issue with my stormwater.

Within 6 months of purchasing my house we had stormwater backing up and flooding our garage. When a plumber came to look we found out that the townhouse behind mine has stormwater coming into and through my property. I contacted council and they advised that this was an issue to resolve with my neighbour.

As a result of the flooding I had to have a submersible pump installed at the rear of my property where the water was backing up. This resolved the issue at the time however if we ever get heavy rain and the power goes off we are in strife.

Fast forward some 3 years and there is a blockage in our stormwater so all stormwater is backing up and the only way to leave my property is through the sun pump which is directed to the front of my house via poly pipe. A plumber came to address the blockage but because my pipe underground is 90mm and has T sections he said without digging my yard up it’s hard to find out where the blockage is.

Any advice?

I am thinking of redirecting all stormwater to the front of my property to ensure the rear of my house doesn’t flood and redo the pipe out the front as 90mm pipe seems to be frowned upon by plumbers as soon as it’s an issue. The problem I will have is getting the new pipe to go under an existing footpath to connect to the point of exit. What a debacle!!

Reply to Stormwater issue and blockage in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Had the plumber replace the pipes less than 2 month from the sink that lead into a cast iron pipe. They also unblocked gunk from the start of the cast iron pipe. The gunk is in the photo I've attached. The pipe work is also attached(it's disconnected as we cleared the u bend to clear it out)...
Replies
Views
Need some advice, neighbors sewer drain keeps blocking up every few months. My wife and I have always chipped in with the other three neighbors for unclogging tho we never experience ours clogging up. Sure we had it clog up once and had it blown out with high pressure water from local plumber...
Replies
Views
About 10 months I started having issues with a gas like smell in my home and the gas board was unable to find any gas leak I've still got the issue. When I first made contacted enviromental health I was told the following Could be my drains and to have my drains checked. Could be the sewers...
Replies
Views
First of all, apologies, it seems this topic has been posted but don't believe my specific issue is covered. So been living in my Victorian house for almost 10 years, no issues. Have 2 bathrooms, 2 loos that all go to a large underground soakaway, I believe. I can only see one soil vent pipe...
Replies
Views
Our house was built in 2007 and we are the second family to live here - moving in in 2017. The central heating has been working fine - although the gas boiler is perhaps nearing the end of its life. But the boiler is not our current issue. Last winter two of the radiators did not heat up and...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock