Search the forum,

Discuss Storage for fittings? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

I had a look at it, - and just okay for someone having those boxes at home to store things, but looks like it could get damaged easy, so wouldn’t last our trade.
The Stanley Pro deep organiser from Screwfix is really good

Stanley pros for me

I had a look at it, - and just okay for someone having those boxes at home to store things, but looks like it could get damaged easy, so wouldn’t last our trade.
The Stanley Pro deep organiser from Screwfix is really good
I use Stanley ones myself. But I have the narrow ones

I use Stanley ones myself. But I have the narrow ones
For value for money, I have the deep organisers, but they do get too heavy if you fill the boxes with weighty stuff, like screws.
Think it was actually Shaun here who once showed us he used them.
Screwfix were doing them (deep type) up to recently for £20 and get one free.

For value for money, I have the deep organisers, but they do get too heavy if you fill the boxes with weighty stuff, like screws.
Think it was actually Shaun here who once showed us he used them.
Screwfix were doing them (deep type) up to recently for £20 and get one free.
I got mine on offer from one of the sheds. I believe they were £20.00 for 2 but on the same offer. So bought 2 and got 2 free.:p

I bought mine from ffx pack of 5 for around £50 (deep pros)

Looks reasonably like some Domino boxes I bought from Toolstation. Has lasted a few years now with careful use (only use it for screws etc so not in constant use). Trouble is the lid flexes and I often find the screws fall into the wrong compartment when transported in the vertical position.

Looks reasonably like some Domino boxes I bought from Toolstation. Has lasted a few years now with careful use (only use it for screws etc so not in constant use). Trouble is the lid flexes and I often find the screws fall into the wrong compartment when transported in the vertical position.
A couple of the catches have done that on my Stanley ones to be honest but on on the screw boxes.

Ive had one of these for 16 years!
1 shelf for various 22mm tees. 1 for 15 fittings 1 for 22 fittings and 1 for m& fs.
Even works as a step up.
Van Storage Cabinet 42001 Part Recycled

Sponsor on here too

Chalked, they are or were utter cack though. Very poor fitting and closing of the drawers that would spring open at the slightest hint of a nudge. I had a good mind to send mine back but gave them away instead.

I will take a pic of mine tomorrow. Maybe they are made poorer quality these days.

Chalked, they are or were utter cack though. Very poor fitting and closing of the drawers that would spring open at the slightest hint of a nudge. I had a good mind to send mine back but gave them away instead.
Hi,

Sorry to hear you've had a bad experience with one of our products. Did you order the units directly from our website? We've never had any complaints regarding our Van Storage Cabinet range so are obviously disappointed to hear of your comments.

We can assure you that our quality levels have not dropped but sometimes, as with anything, a faulty product may slip through the net (although we always try our best to prevent this from happening). When this does happen, we are always the first to offer a refund/exchange of product (within 30 days of purchase). Do you have any pictures that you could dm us, so we could investigate further?

Our Installation team use the majority of our van storage ranges themselves and we always ask them for any feedback (as well as customer feedback which is done through Ekomi).

We just want to clarify that we wouldn't sell something that we wouldn't use ourselves and we would never aim to sell "utter cack"!!

Oops over wrote your post. We tried being organised but hey chuck it all in the vans al week and then get the boy to sort out the vans on Sat am, inc all the cabs with a weeks food and drink debris. Worth doin for all the money he found tho

Hi,

Sorry to hear you've had a bad experience with one of our products. Did you order the units directly from our website? We've never had any complaints regarding our Van Storage Cabinet range so are obviously disappointed to hear of your comments.

We can assure you that our quality levels have not dropped but sometimes, as with anything, a faulty product may slip through the net (although we always try our best to prevent this from happening). When this does happen, we are always the first to offer a refund/exchange of product (within 30 days of purchase). Do you have any pictures that you could dm us, so we could investigate further?

Our Installation team use the majority of our van storage ranges themselves and we always ask them for any feedback (as well as customer feedback which is done through Ekomi).

We just want to clarify that we wouldn't sell something that we wouldn't use ourselves and we would never aim to sell "utter cack"!!

I no longer own the drawers, I gave them away as I felt they were not fit for purpose. The quality is not the issue but the design is so I suggest you take note of the review left by another of your customers over two years ago as it sums up my experience precisely.

"Overall it case is of rugged bild the only bit that lets it down are the clips to keep the drawers shut on ruff ground in the back of a 4x4 thy failed and sent the contents everywhere as I had screwed the box in to the wall I have now just hooked a bar over the front"

The drawer clips/closing mechanisms are indeed not adequate enough especially when loaded with relatively heavy items like copper fittings, fine for haberdashery perhaps not the back of a moving van without modification which I was unprepared to do.

Van Storage Cabinet 42001 Part Recycled

Last edited:
Boys and girls. I know that this is a massively old thread but I am in need of some more Stanley organisers. Anyone know of anywhere that have them on offer. Don’t feel like getting bent over.

Reply to Storage for fittings? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock