Search the forum,

Discuss Stop kitchen drain then start drain again in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Just a curious question about kitchen drain.
I used flexible hose bent to T-Trap shape under sink. It drains into 2" horizontal PVC into wall where 2" PVC is bent 90 degree to floor below.

Sometimes water doesn;t drain or drains very very slow, then within 10-20 seconds all drains. Next time drains perfectly, no problem. Sometimes I fill the sink, watch water drain perfectly. Then sometimes later, drain stops or slow drain. Then later drains perfectly.

I thought maybe there's blockage somewhere, I snaked about 30 feet, all cleaned, Flexible hose is all cleaned.

So I wondered if shape of T-Trap I bent with flexible hose is too shallow? I tried different shape, still same draining issue.

Any ideas why drain stops then drains perfectly later?

Reply to Stop kitchen drain then start drain again in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello. My home's Rheem water heater is dripping from the drain valve. It is strange as it seems to sometimes spit out some water and then stop and then occurs again. I have a little plastic bucket to collect the water, probably about 3 cups of water in a 24 hour period. I was doing some...
Replies
Views
Hello. Have nasty whiff emanating from the bath drain I think. When the nearby sink drains down there's a popping sound coming...from the bathplug. No amount of cleaning the bath drain by pouring stuff down makes any difference...it's always just glugging away when the sink is draining. The...
Replies
Views
I am working on a remodeling a kitchen in a single story house with crawl space that was built in the 1950's. I was wondering if there is a better way to plumb the drain lines that are in the attached picture? There is a bathroom sink drain directly behind the wall of the kitchen. The white...
Replies
Views
I had a potential leak in the island kitchen drain, but it's no longer an issue after using an auger through the clean-out pipe. The water seemed to be coming out from the base of the pipe. I've removed a section of drywall for inspection purposes. After filling both sinks with water and...
Replies
Views
My mother has been away on holiday for a few weeks and she has a kitchen mixer tap that has a very slow drip nothing significant - been like that for a couple of years. The mixer has a a long spout that can be rotated between sink and drain bowl. She left the house meticulously clean. I came to...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock