Search the forum,

Discuss stopcock not working, what is this? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi just got the keys to my house and found the stopcock is not working, however directly below it there is a really old looking thing could this be another stopcock and if so how do I use it?

IMG_1510.JPG

That’s the remains of another stop tap, but it maybe slightly broken ....lol

Presuming the water is off at the moment I would look for the stopcock outside then with somebody`s help slowly open the outside one whilst looking for any leaks inside the house.

Looks like the bottom one has stopped turning off at some point so another one has been fitted above and the bottom one opened fully and the spindle sawn off

I have had a look outside but none of the houses are on meter and this is the only thing I can find. Unfortunately the t shape stopcock didn't stop the water so this is my only hope without needing to call a plumber

By clicking on the image to go full size that is well corroded, call a plumber bud.

Ah shame Thankyou very much everyone anyone here a plumber in coventry think they can price it up for me?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to stopcock not working, what is this? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hey all, Looking for some advice. My mother recently had her boiler changed but in the process the water had to be turned on and off as you would expect and the engineer broke of the handle. Luckily it seems you can close the valve with some pliers on the but I don't believe this is best for...
Replies
Views
i can't tell if my shower tap (cock stop) is leaking or not ...............so after showering, the shower head will drip fast for 2 hours, then drip slowly after that...........i put a bucket under the shower head to collect the water for 26 hours the first time.............then 19 hours the...
Replies
Views
Morning everyone, if anyone could please offer advice on this issue it would help me with a massive issue regarding the water supply in my flat. My flat kitchen and bathroom was always on mains supply (no tank supply at all) and the rest of the 5 flats were mains supply to kitchen and water...
Replies
Views
Hi I moved into a property where the pressure is slightly low and they have this super duper shower but pressure is somewhat lacking. I have had water company out and they did do a check and they found the flow rate reduced but they mentioned about the inside stopcock/tap should be changed just...
Replies
Views
Hi, as you can see pictured I have a stopcock without a packing gland. Over the past few days my cistern inlet was suffering from an airlock and it was hammering constantly after filling. I turned off this stopcock, drained all the pipes, turned the taps back off and then let the water back...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock