Search the forum,

Discuss Stone resin shower tray in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Matt0029

Gas Engineer
I have a 1600mm by 900mm to fit on to floorboards. What is best to bed this down on. I have Usualy used sand and cement but am worried about movement with it being on floorboards. Also I will need to use alot to get it fully supported as you can see in the picture it is recessed in quiet alot of areas.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200325_202105_com.android.gallery3d.jpg
    Screenshot_20200325_202105_com.android.gallery3d.jpg
    45.2 KB · Views: 13
I have a 1600mm by 900mm to fit on to floorboards. What is best to bed this down on. I have Usualy used sand and cement but am worried about movement with it being on floorboards. Also I will need to use alot to get it fully supported as you can see in the picture it is recessed in quiet alot of areas.

I all ways bed mine on wall board adessive and never had any problems.

Thanks have you ever bedded one with large recesses like the one in the picture I attracted?
[automerge]1585169622[/automerge]
Could I spot bed it. Just on the circular round bits that would be used if I was to attach a riser kit?

Last edited:
Over board the shower tray area with 6mm Hardi backer Matt stuck down with flexible tile adhesive and screwed down , you can then bed the shower tray with the same adhesive. Cheers kop

If it’s like that depends are the circles recessed?

If not sticks like poo

Expanding Foam it down, sticks like (Well you know) and expands to fill all the gaps/hollows in the tray. Make sure base is solid before doing, all boards are screwed down etc, even ply it with 9mm if sub base is poor. Also make sure you put a good weight in the tray afterwards.

Done loads like this and never have any issues.

Always stick mine down as @king of pipes has suggested, by far the best way.

I would suggest cleaning the dust off the tray first and priming the base and bottom of tray with 4-1 sbr mix.

I would question the longevity of expanding foam.

Reply to Stone resin shower tray in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock