Search the forum,

Discuss Stiff shower temperature knob - does anyone know the cause? in the Ireland area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi all,
Would really appreciate any advice. My shower temperature knob/dial on the right has suddenly become so stiff it does not move. So now jammed on the hot setting (and it's not even as hot asit should be either).

It's relatively new - only installed about three months ago after a similar thing happened. Does anyone know if I can easily resolve it or do I need to get someone out?

Thank you!
IMG_0414.jpg

If you're in a very hard area it's surprising how quickly it builds up, especially if there's a drip onto the unit. I'd suspect either distortion as above or poor assembly causing friction and galling of the brass. Turn off the water, prize off the small end cap then usually a Philips will get the knob off and you can check for wear. Often there's a thin plastic friction shim between the body and the knob, check it's the same both sides - flow and temp.

Reply to Stiff shower temperature knob - does anyone know the cause? in the Ireland area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello, I am seeking some advice, I have a POTTERTON PROMAX 28 COMBI Boiler and I noticed yesterday that the water around the house is no longer warming up. The heat exchanger has been changed 6 months ago, so I do not believe it is that. Does anyone have any ideas on what it could be? Thanks
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is a 23.8Kw appliance with all six burners and oven on max. This was installed some 10 years ago and has passed all subsequent Gas Safety inspections as...
Replies
Views
I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16 mm copper water pipe. I exposed the pipe by removing a ~30cm section of the plastic sleeve and a ~10 cm section of the pipe around the hole. Several...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock