Search the forum,

Discuss Stiebel Eltron SHZ 150 LCD in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

UK
I just had a Stiebel Eltron SHZ 150 LCD installed recently. The installers put a small pressure relief valve on the cold water inlet tube. I believe this is a cold water expansion valve. Is having only this a safety issue? I often see T&P valves coming out of the top of tanks but this particular model only has a cold inlet and hot outlet. There does not seem to be a place for a T&P relief valve.

I see Stiebel Eltron sells the SRT 2 and the KV 30 and KV 40. Perhaps they are right for the job?

Last edited:
If you have any doubts ( which you do), you should call your installer back. The level and type of protection required is dependent upon whether the heater has been installed in an open vented or sealed (unvented) system.

If you are in England or Wales, for the latter installation, it can only be undertaken by a G3 registered installer.

Thanks! Yes you are right of course. The problem is that I am in Madrid, Spain. Things are a bit different here -- not up to British or American standards even in the capital of the country. Mine is unvented which I understand requires certain safety measures. Unfortunately they don't seem to take it very seriously. Perhaps I will just have to interview a bunch of plumbers until I find one who is more conscientious.

But my main question -- why does the Stiebel Eltron SHZ 150 LCD not have a port for a T&P valve on the top of it? I am not a plumber but a curious layman.

I can only suggest that you contact Stiebel Eltron’s local office who will be able to advise you as to what is required to meet local regulations.

I have seen lots of unvented cylinders in Spain and am gobsmacked on their lack of safety controls .
Sorry , different countries, different rules

Reply to Stiebel Eltron SHZ 150 LCD in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock