Search the forum,

Discuss Stelrad, Myson or Quinn? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just a quick question for those of you who fit this stuff day in, day out...

I quite like the 'designer' offerings from Stelrad, Myson and Quinn. Price wise, they are about the same, through a merchant, so not a huge difference there for me.

Only thing is, Myson and Quinn have 10 year guarantees whereas Stelrad only have 5 years.

I called Stelrad up and asked why, as some of their basic rads have a 15 year guarantee. They gave me some nonsense how it doesn't matter, they are all equally as good. In my mind, if you are confident a product would last 15 years you would state this, which suggests to me their 5 year 'designer' rads are not as robust?

Any views on this?

I fit ultra heat as you can take the top grill off for cleaning

My advice would be Quinn.

Its a human business, with real owners that you can actually talk to. The other two, although reputable, are a bit corporate for me.

Also, all Quinn products are made in the UK, from steel produced at Port Talbot. I believe that Stelrad and Myson both have mixed manufacturing, with some stuff being made abroad, and decreasing proportions in the UK.

Its a human business, with real owners that you can actually talk to. The other two, although reputable, are a bit corporate for me.

Also, all Quinn products are made in the UK, from steel produced at Port Talbot. I believe that Stelrad and Myson both have mixed manufacturing, with some stuff being made abroad, and decreasing proportions in the UK.

Wouldn't use Stelrad again rusted from the outside paint was very very thin lasted 2 years

Great post, we should be looking to buy local and UK wherever possible.

Stelrad softline for, nice looks and same price as compacts . rads should not corrod if the system has a good condition. If they do what manufacturer will cover a corrosion claim?

Quinn if possible, not sure on designer rads but their compact ones give out greater btus than the equivalent sized competitors.

Hello chap, Myson prices vs. Quinn are extortionate I found, and I tried to contact their customer tech and got absolutely nowhere, they ignored me. Quinn, on the other hand, had somebody call me back that very day...so Quinn it is for me.

Agree Quinns good kit,made in Newport with steel from PT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Stelrad, Myson or Quinn? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock