Search the forum,

Discuss Stelrad Compact Radiators vs Stelrad Softlines in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Hello, can anyone tell me if there is a difference between Stelrad Softlines and Stelrad Compact radiators - if there is a difference what is it.

I am thinking of getting some for my house and am wondering which to buy.

Agree with the above other than style and price same output and size

I wouldn’t worry too much as every stelrad I have ordered recently have turned up damaged.

I just ordered a stelrad and it was damaged, chipped all on the corners. Stunk like a wet dog too with soggy cardboard. No plastic corner protection, just a bit of soggy card and polythene lol. Paint was all bobbly along one edge and holed along another, bad quality which I never expected, the rest of my big stelrads are fine, but they are old stock ones...

I just ordered a stelrad and it was damaged, chipped all on the corners. Stunk like a wet dog too with soggy cardboard. No plastic corner protection, just a bit of soggy card and polythene lol. Paint was all bobbly along one edge and holed along another, bad quality which I never expected, the rest of my big stelrads are fine, but they are old stock ones...

Can I ask where you ordered from?

It may be worth contacting Stelrad, it may be a counterfeit item.

I won't mention the company just yet, but it's a big online shop, the actual delivery came from Wolseley though, so I'd have thought they wouldn't be selling hooky rads, though you never know!

Stedrad package the rads though, the issue was lack of corner protection, plus the paint is rubbish

IMG_20190521_154245.jpg

I get my rads for max £10.00 each from my local plumbers merchants whatever size out of the returns container. No leakers just odd dings or a scratch easily rectified maybe a bracket missing . Often just end of line stuff brand new
centralheatking

The model I ordered was the Elite, doesn't come with grilles
Look most pressed steel rads are mostly the same, just like petrol, the manus try to differentiate their products as always to gain market share and a premium price. Check the output and size so it fits your purpose. Enter the world of designer rads at your peril, my mate sells Italian rubbish , looks ok but its a bit like burning a torch in the dark but he makes a good wedge in Knutsford from the footballers and their wannabees. Beware of the chrome or white
towel hanging rads from anywhere they are rarely above 400 watts
centralheatking

Look most pressed steel rads are mostly the same, just like petrol, the manus try to differentiate their products as always to gain market share and a premium price. Check the output and size so it fits your purpose. Enter the world of designer rads at your peril, my mate sells Italian rubbish , looks ok but its a bit like burning a torch in the dark but he makes a good wedge in Knutsford from the footballers and their wannabees
centralheatking

Having been burnt by installing cheap Screwfix radiators in the past I’d disagree they are all the same. I found they started to corrode within 18 months. There may well be good quality cheap products out there but it’s certainly hit and miss.

The other consideration is performance, Stelrad always seem to come out well in independent tests between what they claim as heat output and what the actually deliver.

never bought a screwfix panel rad, and from what u say I will not, all I do is go to my trusted ams plumbers merchant and get whatever , often very cheap
end of line stuff but does the job. centralheatking

Reply to Stelrad Compact Radiators vs Stelrad Softlines in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock