Search the forum,

Discuss Steel to copper fitting in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

tommy1712

What's the smallest steel to copper fitting, got to repair a leak and the original fitter kindly put the pipes so close together you can't get a rizla between them

usuall once you cut into the pipework you can tease it out a bit I am guessing you wont be able to get a threader in so are you splitting existing fitting or maybe a philmac

It's a bath feed so just chopping that section out and replace in copper or plastic

This one always amazes me, not for how to do it, just drag it out cut it and slap a gf or philmac on it or strip it back, but the idea of having steel pipe on water.
To me that is a 3rd world thing and never in 40 years have i ever seen any of that shyte on plumbing up here and we are the " backward" part of the uk :lol:

Galv or not .......... its 3rd world. None of that stuff up here in the land of the free where the water is wholesome and drinkable lol

Last edited by a moderator:
If it's so wholesome and drinkable why do you have to water it down with whisky hmmmm?

Not that I'm complaining or nuffink. ...

Don't be daft John. 1 cube to chill it and its away before the ice gets a chance to melt :wink:

The irn bru is full of goodness and has many medicinal uses including the easing of overindulgence.
Buckfast on the other hand is made by monks in Devon. God knows what it is full of but it keeps the young team relitively placid :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Steel to copper fitting in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Copper pipes, I think its fair to say, is not what it used to be, the copper is getting thin while the cost is going up. Meanwhile, plastic Pushfit seems to be getting better and better, cost and convenience was always better, but now the quality is to, have we reached a stage where plastic will...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock