Search the forum,

Discuss Steel gas pipe in ceiling space in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi guys may have job coming up to lower a ceiling but there is a steel gas pipe coming across part of ceiling coming from upstairs to downstairs cooker . Would I be able to leave the pipe above ceiling if vented or have to renew back to meter and bring new pipe down below lowered ceiling ? Thanks

Hi, Im afraid you'll need to be GSR for that sort of discussion, If you're not I suggest calling a local engineer.

Is it welded or screwed ?

He's wanting advice if it's ok to board over the gas pipe

How does he need to be gas safe registered to do this???

He's wanting advice if it's ok to board over the gas pipe

How does he need to be gas safe registered to do this???
I really do appreciate the various bits of advice over the time I've used the site Shaun, but I seem to got your goat on this one, I read it as, should the op renew the gas pipe to the meter if ventilation didn't make it conform to regs, I was mistakenly as it would appear thinking that the op was suggesting that he may undertake this, which would constitute gas work, in my limited experience as an engineer Ive come across various handy with a monkey wrench types, that would just see it as just changing a bit of pipe, of course advice about boading over a gas pipe is sensible to look for, I was just suggesting he had a GSR look at it, my understanding of the use of the site is that you dont give out gas advice unless in the GSR forum. Anyway apologies if I misunderstood the question. As I said I'll get back in my box, and stop casting nastursuims.

Hi guys may have job coming up to lower a ceiling but there is a steel gas pipe coming across part of ceiling coming from upstairs to downstairs cooker . Would I be able to leave the pipe above ceiling if vented or have to renew back to meter and bring new pipe down below lowered ceiling ? Thanks

Are you leaving the original ceiling and floor boarding above in their original place

Reply to Steel gas pipe in ceiling space in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock