Search the forum,

Discuss Steel framed house radiator help in the DIY Plumbing Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

C

CCHT97

We have just moved into a steel framed house and we are replacing the old copper system with push fit. Our fourth bedroom has a steel beam running outside the room door and going straight along. The wall is a load bearing brick wall seated on top of it.

We have laid our pipes under the floor boards and had a look to see how they placed the pipes previously in the fourth bedroom. Due to being thin copper piping they have made a notch in the beam and laid the pipes on top just under the floor boards passing into the fourth room.

Our new John Guest push fit pipes are too large for this space and we struggling to find an alternative route.

Can you drill through the steel beam to create space or is this advised against? I’m just assuming with a load bearing wall on top this is something we won’t be able to do but there is no other route into this room that we can think of.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

I would ask a structural engineer if it can be drilled if not will have to have boxing either below or above the beam to hide the pipework

Reply to Steel framed house radiator help in the DIY Plumbing Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock