Search the forum,

Discuss Steam generator outlet to steam room - Suitable pipe and fittings in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

What are the best pipes and fittings to carry steam from a 2.8kW steam generator to a steam cabin for a short pipe distance of 400mm?

Thinking on the technical, the pipework would have a low internal resistance (smooth inside) and full bore so as not to reduce the steam out. I noticed the steam piping inside the steam generator itself is stainless steel and has an internal diameter of 15mm. I understand copper expands greater than stainless steel possibly causing a problem, and plastic pipes like Hep2O are not suitable. Both ends of the steam pipe needs to be terminated with a 1/2" BSP female parallel nut and washer, ideally full bore.

Also, I was wondering if the steam pipe would cause a problem with a steam generator if installed in an upwards gradient meaning condensation would backflow into the steam generator?

What’s the set up and operating temp ?

What’s the set up and operating temp ?
It's for a small residential steam cabin, not industrial. Similar to a steam room found in leisure centres but a lot, lot smaller. Internal building room temperatures in the UK typically 18C to 30C so that's then the environment temperature range the 2.8kW 240V steam generator will be operating in if that's what you mean. I don't know the temperature the steam generator will reach when running. Incoming cold water pressure is 3 bar at around 20C.

Last one I fitted had copper tube which was bent up over and down (inverted 'u') so water/condensate would run either way. Back into the vessel or into the cubicle. I'm sure it was 22mm but the manufacturers instructions will tell you the best way to install it. It had issues with constant filling too. We had to file the electrodes down a lot in order to make them work. Manufacturers suggested that along with their own Engineer, before anyone thinks it was a botch. Apparently the electrodes don't work well in soft water areas.

When connecting a steam generator to a steam room, it's important to use the right type of pipe and fittings to ensure proper operation and prevent any leaks. Here are some recommendations for suitable pipe and fittings:

1. Pipe Material: The most common material used for steam pipes is stainless steel, as it is durable and resistant to high temperatures and corrosion.
  2. Pipe Size: The size of the pipe should be chosen based on the capacity of the steam generator and the size of the steam room. It's important to have a pipe that is large enough to allow the steam to flow freely, while also being small enough to prevent excessive heat loss.
  3. Fittings: Use high-quality fittings, such as compression fittings or flanges, to connect the steam generator to the steam room. It's important to ensure a tight seal to prevent any steam leaks.
In addition to using the right pipe and fittings, it's also important to perform regular maintenance on the steam generator to ensure its proper operation. Here are some recommended maintenance tasks:

1. Cleaning: Monthly clean the steam generator, including the interior and exterior, to prevent the build-up of mineral deposits and to maintain its efficiency.
  2. Water Treatment: Use a water treatment system to prevent corrosion and scale build-up in the steam generator.
  3. Monitoring: Monitor the steam generator's performance and look for any signs of wear or damage, such as leaks or low steam production.
  4. Yearly Inspections: Have a professional inspect the steam generator Maintenance and repair on a Yearly basis to identify any potential issues and to make any necessary repairs.
By following these recommendations, you can ensure the proper operation and longevity of your steam generator, and provide a safe and relaxing steam room experience for your customers.

Reply to Steam generator outlet to steam room - Suitable pipe and fittings in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock