Search the forum,

Discuss Status 7-Fin Oil Filled Radiator smell in the General Off-Topic Chat area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi

Due to waiting a week for British Gas to come to repair a leak on the radiator - only for them to arrive and say they haven't got the part and so I will have to wait till Monday, I purchased a Status 7-Fin Oil Filled Radiator so I didn't freeze to death.

I plugged it in last night and it stunk, so I put it outside on the step to air off for around two hours whilst on the highest setting, brought in but the smell was still like a rancid acrid oil.
I had it on low for around 8 hours and it didn't warm anything up, went cold really quickly and the smell is still lingering worse than ever. I am going to return it but in the meantime is there anything I can do to warm the house and get rid of this oil smell?

It is not unknown for them to smell when first used but yours does seem overly so. What does it say in the instruction booklet about using for the first time.
Is there any sign of it leaking.

Hi, it doesn't say anything on the booklet but I read online to use it outside for a few hours first. There isn't any leaks, it's currently in its box in the car waiting a return, I can't get the smell out of my nose either, it was really bad. Thankfully the house no longer smells.

Haven’t they turned the rad off so you can still have heating ?

Sorry but that’s horse poo aslong as you’ve got other radiators and that’s not the only one

Reply to Status 7-Fin Oil Filled Radiator smell in the General Off-Topic Chat area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock