Search the forum,

Discuss Stat stays off too long in the Commercial and Industrial Plumbing Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

I have a WB 30i system boiler with a Honeywell programmable roomstat in the hallway and a cylinder stat.

With a new double glazed porch, cavity wall insulation and topped-up loft-felt the house must has a high efficiency rating. But….we now live in the ‘Sunroom’ off the hallway and this has DG Bifold doors. The rads in there are well matched to compensate for heat loss.

My problem is that the hallway has become so energy efficient that the stat cycles slowly. On the other hand the Sunroom loses heat ( All the glazing) quicker. So this winter - with the difference in energy efficiency of the two rooms - the rads stay off in the Sunroom too long to replace the heat, while the stat in the hallway is at its set point.

I have throttled both flow and return on the hall rad to keep the heating on longer. I have also reduced the boiler flow temp to keep the rads on longer. This worked last year at a flow rate of 57C but this year the hall still stat cycles too fast to keep us warm in the Sunroom.

So I am currently experimenting with a 50 degree flow rate but that means a legionella risk in the h/w cylinder.

I could move the stat from the hall into the Sunroom but there are two huge rads in there and I’d need to take trvs off. Would weather compensation help?

Any suggestions welcome. Thanks.

Weather comp would be ok but I would remove the stat and just have it timed

But it sounds like the stat is in the wrong place now as you’ve moved day rooms etc

Might be best to have a wireless stat fitted

Weather comp would be ok but I would remove the stat and just have it timed

But it sounds like the stat is in the wrong place now as you’ve moved day rooms etc

Might be best to have a wireless stat fitted
Hi again ShaunCorbs, was hoping you’d respond👍 I will go for a wireless stat, thanks. Only other place I can move wireless stat to is inside the Day room. Do I then leave both TRVs in the Day room rads fully open at all times?

Yes you can remove the heads which is the best tbh or just leave them fully open and experiment

Reply to Stat stays off too long in the Commercial and Industrial Plumbing Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock