Search the forum,

Discuss Stanley superstar 60k oil in the Oil and Solid Fuel Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi all I have a Stanley superstar 60k oil and last year it developed an issue with the electrodes starting intermittently . One minute they would spark and be fine for few days and then no spark again. So engineer out and new control box and new electrodes and it was fine until the last few weeks when it's started all over again . It starts to spark then stops then starts again and then lockout . I then turn the thing of leave it for half an hour andit usually starts.so I'm wondering if there is a fault with the seimens control boxes on these any help would be great as it's now cracking my cranium.
Cheers

If you really are certain it's a ignition problem and your certain electrodes are OK and set correctly have you checked ignition transformer?
We used to change a few on the ecoflam/monoflame burners on Stanley's.

If you really are certain it's a ignition problem and your certain electrodes are OK and set correctly have you checked ignition transformer?
We used to change a few on the ecoflam/monoflame burners on Stanley's.
Hello and thanks for your reply . When the electrodes were fist changed last year they came with a brand new transformer but as far as the electrodes being set correctly I couldn't say. The guy put them in and although it's been working .when it does spark you can here the spark change . It doesn't always sound consistent. If I was to check the electrodes myself what should the gaps be.
Cheers

Reply to Stanley superstar 60k oil in the Oil and Solid Fuel Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock