Search the forum,

Discuss Standpipe to Sink Drain in the DIY Plumbing Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi, I am looking to install a standpipe to drain the water from the washer. I took a picture of the current set up and my plan. I was wondering if this was correct or if there is a better way.

Sink-> ABS P Trap -> Tee (1.5 in x 2 in x 1.5 in) facing up -> elbow -> pipe to stack

2 in standpipe (min 24 inches in length according to washer manual) connected to tee

Another way I thought was sink -> elbow -> Tee (1.5 in x 1.5 in x 2 in) -> ABS p trap -> pipe to stack

Attachments

• 20230131_201108.jpg
    20230131_201108.jpg
    219.9 KB · Views: 11
  • 20230131_201116.jpg
    20230131_201116.jpg
    252.8 KB · Views: 10
  • 20230201_191216.jpg
    20230201_191216.jpg
    196.9 KB · Views: 10
The stand pipe needs to be p trapped and vented

If I swapped the location of the tee pipe and P trap, would that work? So sink -> elbow -> Tee (1.5 in x 1.5 in x 2 in) -> ABS p trap -> elbow -> pipe to stack.

Made a crude diagram below, standpipe would sit just behind the sink.

Attachments

• diagram.jpg
    diagram.jpg
    41.1 KB · Views: 3
Can I ask why you don’t just put the drain into the sink tub ?

Reply to Standpipe to Sink Drain in the DIY Plumbing Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi All, Could use some valued help redoing a stack to accommodate a washer and utility sink. The plan is to have the washer, then the dryer , then the utility sink all to the left of the stack. I believe the previous owner move the builder intended spot to make a bedroom, which I am...
Replies
Views
Hey All-- New here as this is something I have not had to do on this scale before. I am renovating our laundry room, which currently only has the hookups for the washing machine box, but I want to add a sink as well. So I need some help with running the drain pipe mostly to make sure it is...
Replies
Views
Hello. I am planning to build a small half bath in my garage, next to a washing machine, using old showers plumbing. There was a stand-alone shower in the garage which has been removed. Unfortunately the pipes are only 1.5" on that side of the house since there's no bathroom and the house is...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have an issue with the standpipe trap in a 3-year-old flat. This flat came with a fitted dishwasher that has been completely unused for that time – until now... The weekend before last, I thought maybe it was about time I tested it out running empty – it all worked fine and it drained ok...
Replies
Views
Hello All, I have an issue and hoping someone could shed some light on the problem. We have been getting a smell coming up in the bathroom, initially thought it was the toilet, but after smelling the bath tub plug hole it appears to be coming from here. I removed the P trap and very little...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock