Search the forum,

Discuss stainless steel flexi pipe instead of pex and copper in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

steosman

Has anyone used the flexible stainless steel pipe ( similar to gas track pipe) for new heating systems or general plumbing. I had a look at it today in suppliers and it looks good. Slightly more expensive than pex but cheaper than copper. Has all the strength of copper but flexibility of pex. I'm going to try it on the next heating system i do in a week.
:dizzy2:

What the 'f' is "pex"? I've heard of and seen 'trak' pipe........... Is this for gas or water?

Probably the same stuff you get for solar. Does it come pre insulated?

It's the same construction as solar pipe but the wall thickness is a few mm thinner. It's not a smooth bore which would worry me about sediment build up. I'm going to suggest it on my next heating system but have to talk to manufacturers technical department first. I don't think it comes pre insulated but i only had a quick look the last day in the suppliers. I'll try and post some pictures and any documentation i get.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to stainless steel flexi pipe instead of pex and copper in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock