Search the forum,

Discuss Stained carpet after radiator replacement in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

I have replaced a radiator and I managed to spill some of the contents of the old rad on the carpet.

Is there any way to remove the black stain? It's an industrial grade carpet so I can use pretty much any chemical on it but i have no idea what I can use that will remove the iron oxide.

Any advice gratefully received - hopefully before the Mrs comes back :-/

Blot it with kitchen roll don't rub it, until you have most of the wet up then spray some of this on the work it into the stain with a nail type brush leave 2 mins then remove with a damp j cloth or similar probably need a couple of goes . Kop

Attachments

• 15706457824333558744719055714334.jpg
    15706457824333558744719055714334.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 16
  • 15706458012651075543317094873122.jpg
    15706458012651075543317094873122.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 16
I tend to use wunda wipes on the rare occasion I get a mark. Preference is to roll carpet back and then second choice is using roll and stroll under my drop sheets.

Dabbling is the key.

I’ve heard vodka works ok as well from one of the lads in the merchants

Vanish Gold is good ( referenced above) as is a Rug Doctor machine ( circa £30/day) with their branded detergent and additional spot and stain remover spray.

In essence, you need a peroxide based stain remover to remove / disguise the stains from magnetite.

Don’t hold back on claiming on your house insurance if you have accidental damage cover - it has a very minor impact on your policy renewal and they recognise that you can never fully remove the stain unless the carpet has been treated with Scotchguard or is 100% man made fibre.

Sorry!!

One day me and a friend was carrying a cast iron boiler downstairs he said tip it to me so i did then about a half bucket of black sludge came out guess what colour the carpet was (yes white ) anyway he came back as he lived next door with a bucket of hot water and a packet of washing machine soap powder when finished you would not tell.

Reply to Stained carpet after radiator replacement in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock