Search the forum,

Discuss stabilizing the inlet supply pressure on a promax combi in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

I have a Potterton Promax combi 28 HE A and it runs a pump when cold taps are turned off and there is a slight change in inlet pressure. I am thinking of putting a pressure reducer or non-return valve and/or an arrestor on the inlet pipe. I tried putting an arrestor on all the cold taps and reducing the pressure but this did not completely stop the problem. The cold taps must be closed off very slowly to prevent the boiler starting. Has anyone seen this problem before? Thanks.

I have a Potterton Promax combi 28 HE A and it runs a pump when cold taps are turned off and there is a slight change in inlet pressure. I am thinking of putting a pressure reducer or non-return valve and/or an arrestor on the inlet pipe. I tried putting an arrestor on all the cold taps and reducing the pressure but this did not completely stop the problem. The cold taps must be closed off very slowly to prevent the boiler starting. Has anyone seen this problem before? Thanks.
Non return valve on cold inlet with a Shock Arrestor/Mini Golf ball expansion vessel after the non return valve.

Non return valve on cold inlet with a Shock Arrestor/Mini Golf ball expansion vessel after the non return valve.
Yes - that's the idea. I have bought a Peglar 62 and have got both a single and double check valve. I suppose compression is better than push fit... I don't know if it is better for single or double and compression or push fit.

Reply to stabilizing the inlet supply pressure on a promax combi in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock