Search the forum,

Discuss SS twin-wall flue with condensing oil boiler in the Oil and Solid Fuel Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi Forum,

I am about to start the process of removing a wood pellet boiler and replacing it with a Grant Vortex Eco 15-21kW Utility condensing oil boiler.

Flue currently in use is Staovax XQ Stainles twin-wall system, Stovax's manual states "For use with both commercial and domestic high temperature gas, wood, multi-fuel and oil instructions. It is approved to operate with continuous temperatures of up to 450°C" https://www.stovax.com/wp-content/uploads/PM502-XQ-Chimney-System-Issue-6.pdf

Can you please help and confirm whether the current flue can still be used.

Thanks to all in advance

You'd be best talking to Grant UK, although I suspect they'll say no. Flues need to be sized correctly and to manufacturers guidelines. I personally wouldn't save money by reinstalling a second hand flue.

Reply to SS twin-wall flue with condensing oil boiler in the Oil and Solid Fuel Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Grant Vortex 50/90 condensing oil boiler where the air tube spigot over the fan is not connected to the existing flue, should this be closed off with a Reillo cover plate to stop vermin getting into the open fan motor.If is blanked over will need a further combustion test to confirm adequate...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I am new here and a capable plumbing DIYr. I have just purchased a Fire Bird Silver Boiler House model to replace my old and now leaking Worchester Bosch oil Boiler. The oil condensing boiler instructions have no reference regarding the flow and return connections!! Nor are they...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm still getting used to oil after converting from wood pellets. I'm fairly happy with it's operation, but slightly adjusting temperatures to get as low return temp, while keeping house & DHW hot enough. Anyway, I've always believed that when the flue had a white plume exiting, it was a...
Replies
Views
    • Love
Recent install Firebird 26kw Condensing boiler. Space heat only. Installed as replacement boiler in well insulated 80s renovated home. (Silver bead wall cavities, triple glazing 0.6 centre pane U value, 450mm rockwool in loft) This house is now split into 2no zones. Downstairs and Upstairs...
Replies
Views
D
Hi - I have a Myson Velaire oil boiler which was installed in 1988. The boiler has been very reliable only needing a good service and rarely a replacement part. Today I noted water on the floor and it looks like the water jacket is leaking, can it be repaired ? I am aware most will say...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock