Search the forum,

Discuss Squeeking pipes/ taps in bathroom in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Recently our bathroom pipes began squeeking after flushing the toilet. I thought it was water hammer and ran all taps and turned off the water. This appeared to work but a week later and it's happening again.
The process of event now is, toilet flush > and bathroom sink will squeek and the shower in that bathroom will begin rumbling and dripping. Turning the shower on does not create a sound and only on occasion will turning the bathroom sink tap on will the squeek occur.

Anyway to identify the offending item?

Cheers in advance

Check the inlet valve in your toilet and the inlet ball valve in any cold water storage tanks in your loft . Kop

Cheers, it does seem to be the toilet inlet valve as often it can be heard trickling after refilling. I have noticed that pressing the blue plunger on the toilet (image attached) fills the system and stops the trickling. Is the easiest fix just to replace the lot?

Thanks again and apols for the slow responses

Attachments

• IMG_20200211_135129.jpg
    IMG_20200211_135129.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_20200211_135126.jpg
    IMG_20200211_135126.jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_20200211_135123.jpg
    IMG_20200211_135123.jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 1

Reply to Squeeking pipes/ taps in bathroom in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi everyone, I turned my cold water feed off in the airing cupboard which supplies only cold water to my bathroom but it also turned the water to my toilet off is that a correct set up? Because it didn't used to before the stop valve in airing cupboard only turned off the cold water supply to...
Replies
Views
Where and how does the water supply work and is there only one rising main pipe and where is it usually located? I am top floor flat, mains fed supply and all 6 in the block have a shared rising main pipe (I think unless there is meant to be more than one). Kitchen: From the ground floor to...
Replies
Views
Hi I've recently had a new bathroom installed. I've noticed when I flush the downstairs loo there was a hammer type noise under the bathroom floor when the cold feed for the loo turned off/ same with the washing machine. So I turned off the mains water supply. Opened the highest tap first...
Replies
Views
I live in an apartment block where generally hot water is supplied from the communal hot water cylinder and cold water to bathrooms is supplied from cold water tanks in the loft. It is a vented system. However, in a basement flat and a ground floor flat cold water supply to bathrooms is...
Replies
Views
Hello I have a mystery, my bathroom has a sewage smell appears to get far worse 5pm-9pm. I have plugged my bathroom/sink with plugs and its 100% coming from the toilet. Tried Lugi worlds best plunger, that air gun blaster and 50 buckets of hot water down the toilet for 2-3 days and no joy, the...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock