Search the forum,

Discuss spider manifold in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

keith1967

what and where would you use a spider manifold?

They arent, they are usually reduced from 22mm down to 10 or 8mm, why the question
regards
Mike

cheers mike, just managed to find out what one looks like. it seems like you would make it yourself using a 22mm coupler,

the spider manifold is just a central distibution point. the flow and return was run from the boiler commonly in 22, to either 1 or 2 spider manifolds generally in the centre of the house. like mike says the manifold/s then have 8mm pipes feeding each individual radiator. 10 rads equals 10 stabbing on each manifold, looks like a spider.the older ones are type 1 pipe system with 20 stabbings, all compression fittings, when they start to leak.. nasty messhopefully ive managed to attatch photo of 1 i had to make for my neighbour!!shaun

Attachments

• scott.jpg
    scott.jpg
    99.6 KB · Views: 47
thanx shaun, very helpful, college assignment believe it or not... it's the plumbing GURU'S word of the week challenge....... THANX ALL.....

pleasure keith, wouldnt recommend making 1 tho. that took me about 5 hours, drilling out the 22 pipe with 8mm and silver soldering stubs in.

thats what happens when your neighbour knocks on the door at 8pm, with a dripping ceiling. go round 2 tighten a nut. everything pops. water all over the show. plumb centre quotes 300 quid and 8 days for delivery. i have 2 see neighbour everyday, his wife would of hated me for ages.

good luck at college

shaun

Hi migoplumber
Nicely explained I knew what I wanted to say but couldnt put into words nicley cheers mate:)
regards
Mike

know how you feel mike, i go through that same mental blur every morning when i have seen my first job and walked back to the van and think "now what......?!"
cheers.
shaun

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to spider manifold in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Copper pipes, I think its fair to say, is not what it used to be, the copper is getting thin while the cost is going up. Meanwhile, plastic Pushfit seems to be getting better and better, cost and convenience was always better, but now the quality is to, have we reached a stage where plastic will...
Replies
Views
I want to reconnect some outbuildings to an existing water supply. The supply pipe is old 22mm MDPE and buried for a fair distance so not going to dig it up and replace it 😬. Question is can I use normal 22mm plumbing push-fit connectors to make the connection as finding 22mm MDPE fittings...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m planning to pour a 100mm deep concrete patio on 100mm hardcore. In order to achieve the same final height to line up with the rest of the patio, I...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I'm would like to extend an existing outside tap to another point in the garden. I'm about to pour a concrete patio and was hoping to run the water line underneath. There are existing drain (and who knows what) pipes running along the same wall so I'm nervous about digging too far...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock