Search the forum,

Discuss Speedfit timber frame in the The Welcome Wagon :) area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi,

I have a timber frame extension with no radiators on the walls currently so I'm looking to add one, all walls are external with a vapour barrier

I was just wondering if anyone has any experience fishing 10mm pipe down a wall from the loft above

I was thinking to cut a 100mm slot out the plaster board from floor to ceiling to help get the pipes down

Depends do you have nogs half way down the wall ?

It is fine if it is the right size (internal diameter is less than copper) and it is installed correctly. Plastic pipe has a much greater expansion rate than copper and if it isn't clipped/installed correctly, there's a chance you will hear it expanding and contracting inside the wall. It can be annoying to some people.

Reply to Speedfit timber frame in the The Welcome Wagon :) area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi All, I'd like to install new radiators in my home which are currently fed by copper pipe via the floor boards. I live in a bungalow and access beneath floorboards is quite good access. I'd like to change the piping to come out the walls instead and therefore looking to use speedfit products...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I have an old toilet on the top floor (to be removed) which empties into an outdoor vertical SVP and into the ground. The pipe is straight with a vent terminal on top. Another toilet on the ground floor empties through the suspended timber floor into (what I suspect) a drain. I wish...
Replies
Views
Hello all, This is a follow-up to this post: Fit wall-hung toilet to inside stud wall? - https://www.plumbersforums.net/threads/fit-wall-hung-toilet-to-inside-stud-wall.127877/. I'd like to fit a cistern into a stud wall, which is 100mm wide. Typically, the dimensions of the toilet fixing...
Replies
Views
Size of bathroom 230cm x 210cm Height 230cm Birmingham Area Initial problem Burst pipe underground in bathroom, concrete. Have had this dug up & made safe for now, have had affected pipe cut & put end caps on. Work required Full bathroom remove old tiles walls and floor. Renew tiling. New...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I have a couple of leaks coming under shower tray downstairs. One is along the wall so think might be joint between wall and tray and the other seems to be near waste tray, there is a slight hairline crack in shower tray near waste . This happens when I leave the shower head near the...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock