Search the forum,

Discuss Speedfit near Electrical Connections in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Everyone

We have a cold water 15mm pipe that routes through the upstairs floor cavity between the joists, over some electrical connections with fuse box below (including socket ringmain connectors) and then after another 400mm turns 90deg (bend/curve without fittings) and then goes through the joist without any connectors.

I would like to put a T in at this 90deg bend/curve in order to provide a feed for a washing machine, however I am concerned that the electrical fittings are 400mm away. Are there any rules (other than common sense) that state how close speedfit fittings must be from electrical connections/fuse boxes?

I am considering adding in the T further away, 1.5 meters where there is another existing speedfit connection, and taking the pipe through the opposing joist and running it along the adjoining floor cavity avoiding the electrical connections.

Any advice is appreciated.
Many Thanks
Freddy

Your plan sounds wise.
You would want a fitting on a straight section of pipe rather than a curved section really.

Cut a tee in futher away from all the electrics and just run extra pipe to your point of use . cheers kop

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Speedfit near Electrical Connections in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock