Search the forum,

Discuss Sparkie question or forum advice . in the General Off-Topic Chat area at PlumbersForums.net

townfanjon

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
Dan , lou , shaun etc etc , I could do with asking a question on the sparkie forum but I know one or two pop in here. How do I go abart it please

As your question here town

@Murdoch @leesparkykent Should be able to answer it

Cheers Shaun

Lee / Murdoch , I am ready to commission a new boiler ( very expensive PCB ) in my new house but have heard that its a good idea to fit an anti-surge device . The only ones I can find are rcd spurs with surge protection , good idea or over kill ? What are your thoughts , thank you .

Unless you can run a dedicated circuit AND add spd in the fuseboard, the only thing that immediately come to mind is an extension lead with integrated surge protection

Or could you just add surge protection to your fuseboard?

[automerge]1576533229[/automerge]
Cheers , will have a ganders , looks like it will go right over my head though lol

Lots of so called sparks won’t understand that document

Last edited:
@Murdoch , cheers , the boiler spur is off the ring so that more or less rules out some protection via the board .
You may have something with the lead though , I never thought of something so simple , do you mean the ones for PC’s etc , can I use a 3 amp fuse in one , its years since I ever saw one to be honest .
[automerge]1576536255[/automerge]
Lots of so called sparks won’t understand that document

I started nodding off at page 10 lol, I will stick to Plumbing.

Theres this but rated at 13 amp on the market. Maybe you can find something rated at 3 amp for gas?

Having said that my understanding of a surge is a spike in voltage, this would increase current so a standard 3 amp should protect your fancy PCB anyway?

Just change the fuse to 3A
BTW a 3A fuse will not protect against surge, you need a proper semi conductor fast acting voltage clamp device, that these units have. The surges are measured in mS and well above 260V so a fuse wont even react in time.

Reply to Sparkie question or forum advice . in the General Off-Topic Chat area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock